By David E. Chinitz
- It compiles the main complete and updated therapy on hand of Eliot's paintings and career
- It explores the strong forces that formed Eliot as a author and philosopher, studying his physique of labor and assessing his oeuvre in quite a few contexts: old, cultural, social, and philosophical
- It charts the surge in severe curiosity in T.S. Eliot because the early 1990s
- It presents an illuminating perception right into a poet, author, and critic who maintains to outline the literary panorama of the final century
Read or Download A Companion to T. S. Eliot (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Best british & irish poetry books
This learn revaluates the paintings of the scientist and radical, poet and dramatist and English exile in Germany Thomas Lovell Beddoes (1803-1849). whereas his writing has elicited excessive compliment from poets starting from Robert Browning via Ezra Pound to John Ashbery, students have usually overlooked it on grounds of its purportedly morbid and opaque eccentricity.
One of many maximum English poets of the mid-seventeenth century, Richard Crashaw remains to be commonly missed and misunderstood. released to have fun the four-hundredth anniversary of his start, this new choice of his paintings goals to assist restoration him to his rightful position. Skilfully and sensitively prepared by means of Robin Holloway, Professor Emeritus of Musical Composition on the collage of Cambridge, this feature unfolds in a series of pursuits and intermezzi, Crashaw’s secular verse forming a full of life counterpoint to his appealing devotional poetry.
The Poems of Robert Browning is a multi-volume variation of the poetry of Robert Browning (1812 -1889) as a result of a very clean appraisal of the canon, textual content and context of his paintings. The poems are awarded within the order in their composition and within the textual content within which they have been first released, giving a different perception into the origins and improvement of Browning's artwork.
This serious examine covers the complete variety of Dylan Thomas’s writing, either poetry and prose, in an obtainable appraisal of the paintings and success of an incredible and dynamic poet. It interrelates the guy and his national-cultural history by way of defining intimately the Welshness of his poetic temperament and significant attitudes, as either guy and poet.
- The Unaccompanied
- Ted Hughes (New Casebooks)
- New Collected Poems
- Chosen Lights: Poets on Poems by John Montague
- The Annotated Waste Land with Eliot's Contemporary Prose: Second Edition
- The Days of Surprise
Extra info for A Companion to T. S. Eliot (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)