By Mark Rozell,Ted Jelen,Michael Shally-Jensen
This all-encompassing encyclopedia offers a vast standpoint on U.S. politics, tradition, and society, but additionally is going past the evidence to contemplate the myths, beliefs, and values that support form and outline the nation.
• bargains nearly 225 entries masking U.S. politics, tradition, society, and beliefs
• comprises an introductory review of the forces that experience formed and proceed to form American political tradition and a concluding essay that gathers key thematic threads and appears towards the future
• Covers the myriad ways that American political tradition affects different facets of yank society
• Examines how cultural symbols and ideology are manipulated to strengthen political pursuits and determine executive authority
• Connects new matters similar to social media and sexual politics with the political culture
Read or Download American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3 PDF
Best practical politics books
African states became checking out grounds for Western conflict-resolution experiments, really power-sharing agreements, supposedly meant to finish lethal clash, safe peace and construct democracy in divided societies. This quantity examines the felony and political efficacy of transitional political power-sharing among democratically constituted governments and the African warlords, rebels, or junta that search to violently unseat them.
Within the 1830s, the French aristocrat Alexis de Tocqueville warned that "insufferable despotism" might be successful if the US ever bought a countrywide administrative country. cutting-edge Tea Partiers obviously think that, after a very good fallacious flip within the early 20th century, Tocqueville's nightmare has come precise.
Reading democracies from a comparative point of view is helping us greater comprehend why politics—or “who will get what, whilst, and how”—differs between democracies. In American distinction: American Politics from a Comparative viewpoint, authors Lori M. Poloni-Staudinger and Michael R. Wolf take the reader via varied points of democracy—political tradition, associations, curiosity teams, political events and elections—and discover how the U.S. is either various from and just like different democracies.
What may still states within the constructing global do and the way should still they do it? How have states within the constructing global addressed the demanding situations of marketing improvement, order, and inclusion? States within the constructing international are meant to construct economies, regulate violence, and contain the inhabitants. How they achieve this depends upon ancient origins and context in addition to coverage judgements.
- Why Americans Hate the Media and How It Matters
- Donald Trump: Fluch oder Segen? (German Edition)
- Political Dissent: A Global Reader: Ancient to Early-Modern Sources: Volume 1
- Leadership Resilience: Lessons for Leaders from the Policing Frontline
Additional info for American Political Culture: An Encyclopedia [3 volumes]: An Encyclopedia: 1-3